Young Octorial programme, 14-17 years
In a very short time, our Young Learners grow to love and feel at home in this vibrant capital city. We take them to places such as Edinburgh Castle, where they see the Crown Jewels of Scotland and to the Royal Botanical Garden with its smooth lawns and magnificent glass houses. Without leaving the city, we climb hills, walk through gardens and run along the beach. We also learn about Scotland’s great writers and artists.
The Edinburgh course is held at Stewart's Melville College, which is about 15-20 minutes from the city centre by bus. Each class has a maximum of 8 students. The school has spacious, modern classrooms. Modern amenities include playing fields, a well-equipped gymnasium and a large sports hall. Cooked and buffet lunches, which are included, are provided in the school’s dining hall.
Course fees include:
- 15 hours of tuition per week (equivalent to 20 lessons of 45 minutes)
- Small classes, maximum 8
- Full-board accommodation
- Class materials
- Full class report and Certificate of Studies
- Extensive programme of excursions, activities and sports
- Run around bus tickets for Edinburgh
- Coach transfer from Residence to Mary Erskine school
- Airport transfers from Edinburgh airport on arrival and departure (standard transfer times: 09.00-20.00).
Outside of these times, a supplement of GBP 68 is payable.
- Visits to Edinburgh Castle and National Gallery of Scotland
- Urban and city walks
- Sports, including swimming, football and tennis
- Scottish Ceilidh with singing and dancing
Activities shown are examples and may be subject to change