• Young Learner Services

  • At Edinburgh School of English we understand that studying in a different country can be challenging at first for our younger students.

  • Our Young Learner staff are experienced in making sure students feel comfortable and safe, and there is always a member of our team to answer any questions.

Young Learner Services

Caring for young learners

We have learned from experience that happy students are the best learners; that’s why we make welfare our top priority. We aim to provide the best possible care through good organisation, careful selection of staff and accommodation, constant supervision and swift attention to any problems, however small. All this adds up to optimum safety and happiness.

Our staff

Each of our teaching centres is run by a Course Director, responsible for all aspects of the programme, from academic content to entertainment and welfare. An important aspect of our Young Learners’ courses is the high level of supervision, with an excellent staff to student ratio.

Teachers are chosen for their experience, ability and enthusiasm. Above all, they like young people and enjoy working with them.

Our Activity Leaders are young, energetic and keen to work with young people. Activity Leaders run the leisure programme after classes each day and ensure that Young Learners are carefully supervised at all times.

Medical treatment and emergencies

Students who are nationals of an EU country can receive free emergency treatment on the National Health Service.  In the event of an emergency, if we cannot contact a child’s parents, the Principal will make whatever decision is necessary for the child’s wellbeing. Any expenses incurred in this way are payable by the student’s parents.


On all outings, students are escorted by our Activity Leaders. We do not allow any of our Young Learners, whether staying in residence or in Homestay, to go out in the evening, except when they join the group for organised, supervised activities, or in the event that parental consent is received.


When you enrol at the Edinburgh School of English and send your booking deposit to secure your place at the school, you will be sent a Letter of Offer, which you will need for a visa application.

Contact your local embassy for further information on visa requirements.


Wherever you are travelling from, it is advisable to arrange insurance for your possessions. You should also arrange medical cover if you need it.

Watch our video